Recipients can pick up their items themselves by visiting the mailroom after being notified about their items.
The building's mailroom will have a device installed with the PackageX Receive app to facilitate self-service pickup.
First, you will have to create a 'Self Service Pickup' user account from the web portal. To create a Self Service Pickup account, follow the steps provided below:
1. Go to the 'Users' section from the side menu of the web dashboard.
2. Click on the 'Add New' button at the top right corner.
3. From the 'Add New User' screen, fill out the user 'Name' and 'Email'.
4. While selecting the role from the dropdown menu, choose 'Self Service Pickup'.
5. Select the location to which you wish to add this user account.
6. Click on 'Save' to create the new user account.
A kickoff email will be sent to the user's email address containing the one-time password reset code which can be used to activate the self-service pickup user account on the iPad.
To Set Up a Self-Service pickup account, follow the steps provided below:
1. Open the PackageX Receive app on the device you will have installed in your mailroom.
2. Enter the email address associated with the account and then tap on 'Continue'.
3. Enter the one-time password reset code and tap on 'Continue'.
4. Create your own password. Please make sure the password contains all the necessary characters.
5. You will be signed in and your device will be ready for self-service pickup use cases.
Now whenever recipients are notified of their packages, they will receive a QR code in their notification emails.
The recipients can follow the steps provided below for self-service pickup:
1. Tap on the 'Start' button on the installed device to bring up the QR code scanner.
2. Scan the QR code sent to your phone via email to view your items list.
3. Tap on 'Select' at the top right of the screen to choose your items for pick up.
4. Tap on the items to select them and then tap on 'Pickup Items'.
5. The recipient can proceed to find and collect their items from the mailroom.
6. After finding their items, they can put their signature on the 'Take Signature' screen to complete the process. They can also take a photo instead of the signature.
7. Once done, tap on 'Complete' to finish picking up items.
Recipients can report items not found in the mailroom by following the steps provided below:
1. After picking up items, tap on the 'I did not find the items' button on the next screen.
2. Select the items not found in the mailroom from the list and then tap on 'Report Not Found'.
3. Tap on 'Yes' to confirm from the pop-up menu.
4. An email will be sent to the PackageX Receive supervisor, alerting them about the recipient's missing/not found packages. The recipient can also connect with the supervisor via the phone number provided.
5. The recipient can continue to pick up more items by tapping on 'Yes' or can finish picking up items by tapping on 'No'.
Recipients can always connect with their mailroom supervisor via phone.
In case of any difficulty, reach out to us at email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you.